Tubby Jacks Beef Brisket with Soy & Ginger Rub
Prep 20 mins + marinating + resting
Cooking time : 8-10 hours
Tubby Jacks setting: low and slow
2kg / 4lb 8oz of beef brisket
Soy & Ginger Rub:
100g soft brown sugar
4 garlic cloves crushed
55g fresh ginger sliced
2 tsp cayenne pepper
3 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
Method : 7 Steps to beef heaven
1. To make the rub, mix all ingredients in a large bowl, add the beautiful brisket and massage and rub gently until the beef is coated and relaxed, put on some Zac Brown Band to further relax your beef.
2. Place the brisket in a tight fitting non-metallic dish and pour over any remaining rub giving one last massage to further relax.
3. Cover with Clingfilm and place in the fridge for 24 hours min
4. Remove your beautiful brisket from the fridge at least 1 hour before you plan on cooking.
5. Prep your tubby jacks for low and slow smoking add some hickory chips for extra loveliness
6. Place the brisket into your Tubby Jacks and smoke for 8-10 hours or until the juices run clear.
7. Remove from the Tubby jacks cover in a foil blanket for 30 mins before slicing against the grain.
Crack open a cool beer and enjoy!